Sunday, August 29, 2010

I have just seen the award winning documentary "The Cove". I have never been so moved, so deeply shocked and saddened by what humans do to creatures. I admire the work of people who take huge risks to bring to the world's notice such inhuman and brutal and barbaric events that go on, in this case, in Japan. I have been dismayed that Japan has increased its whale killing in the Antarctic waters and to now learn of their treatment of their local dolphin, porpoise and pilot whales, just makes me want to make my protest heard. I am detirmined to find out how I can support the organisations that are going against countries and governments to bring to light these attrocities. Greenpeace, Seashephard, takepart.com/the cove and SaveJapanDolphins.org are worldwide organisations, but our dolphins here in Nw Zealand are also underthreat from inadvertant killing in local fisher's long line and nets.

No comments: