Sunday, August 29, 2010

Children's much-loved books back in print

Isn't it just wonderful to see books popular with children 30 and 40 years ago are coming back in print? David McKee's character Mr Benn on which a popular television series was based, has been out of print for 30 years. The first to arrive will be Big Top Benn, where Mr Benn dresses up as a clown and is transported to the circus. The next will be Mr Benn Red Knight, where he visits a costume shop and dons a suit of armour and travels to medieval times.

Remember the Wombles? I have the Wombles tune on the phone I have - it was my daughter's. I guess they were popular with her. The books have been out of print for 10 years and are going to be republished by Bloomsbury in November, 2010. The first to arrive will be The wandering Wombles and The Wombles. I'll be ordering copies for myself - I can see they'll make great birthday presents for someone!

No comments: